Website Volvo Cars
This Job Listing is about Volvo Cars in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
About the job
We’re creating our own future
At Volvo Cars, we are making bold digital visions come true. We aim to be the leader in the automotive world by creating a digital ecosystem built around making our customers’ lives less complicated. What we all have in common at Volvo Cars is our passion for protecting lives, our endless curiosity, and our dedication to create a new future for the automotive industry. Our human centric focus is what separates us from all other car companies.
What We Offer
This role is part of Data and Analytics team which p rovides competence to Products Areas, Clusters and Teams to succeed in delivering business value by turning data into Insights. Expected to Utiliz e standards and best practices to enable Business areas to accelerate their value journey through Self-Service data & analytics, and to accomplish “insights at the fingertips” for Volvo Car Group . Provides opportunity to mentor developers to build quality products, contribute to multiple domains and be part of technology selection/solution architecture.
Act as Technology expert to build quality data products with willingness to self-learning and long-term commitment. Interact with Product teams, architects, and platform experts to deliver user stories on timely basis with world class quality.
Do you fit the profile?
- B.E, MCA, BSc, MSc, or equivalent training in Computer Science or other relevant subject area
Experience – 3-10+ years of Industry Experience
- Support and develop products to enhance business decision making capabilities, utilizing Volvo Cars standards, best practices, and data & analytics tools
- Educate people and products how to work with data and visualization
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures
- Data acquisition
- Develop data set processes
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Conduct research for industry and business questions
- Use large data sets to address business issues
- Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine leaning and statistical methods
- Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Find hidden patterns using data
- Use data to discover tasks that can be automated
- Deliver updates to stakeholders based on analytics
- Implementation and development of Master Data Management
- Implementation and development of Data Quality Services
- Information and data modelling by translating business processes and requirements into conceptual, logical and physical data model
- Applying solutions according to Volvo Cars and Insights architecture, standards, tools and processes
- Technology Skills
- Ability to use tools like Microsoft Azure stack, Snowflake, Wherscape, Databricks etc .
- Strong experience in SQL and programing skills in Python is value add.
- Working knowledge of common enterprise data, advanced analytics and business intelligence architecture frameworks
- Solves difficult problems with effective solutions using rigorous logic and methods
- Strong Technical Knowledge with Hands on experience
- Showing a deep interest in analytics and data science platform technologies and being curios about how these technologies can help create opportunities across the company.
- Knowledgeable in prototyping, specifying and implementing analytical ecosystems and/or logical data warehouses, including (big) data architecture, such as data lakes, streaming data analytics, etc., and full stack analytics capabilities
- Understanding of cloud- and hybrid analytical architectures.
- Information and data modelling knowledge
- Understanding of the DAMA framework.
- Specialist competence in relevant data management disciplines
- Embracing an agile mindset
- Customer-Centricity and Design Thinking
- Good social and communication skills.
- Being curious, a quick learner and having a structured and analytical mind-set
- Being willing to innovate and take on new challenges.
- Being result oriented and striving for improvements.
- Positive attitude and being motivating and energizing
- Copes with change and decides well without having the total picture
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.
|| Bengaluru, Karnataka, India