Website United Airlines
Searching for a Job at United Airlines in Gurgaon, Haryana, India
About the job
United’s Digital Technology team designs, develops, and maintains massively scaling technology solutions brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics, and digital solutions.
Our Values: At United Airlines, we believe that inclusion propels innovation and is the foundation of all that we do. Our Shared Purpose: “Connecting people. Uniting the world.” drives us to be the best airline for our employees, customers, and everyone we serve, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. Our team spans the globe and is made up of diverse individuals all working together with cutting-edge technology to build the best airline in the history of aviation.
With multiple employee-run “Business Resource Group” communities and world-class benefits like health insurance, parental leave, and space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work that will make you feel welcome and accepted. Come join our team and help us make a positive impact on the world.
Job Overview And Responsibilities
United Airlines’ Enterprise Data Analytics department partners with business and technology leaders across the company to transform data analytics into a competitive advantage. An offshore team based in Delhi, India will work closely with this group and support it with complementing skills and capabilities. The key objectives are to improve operating performance, boost customer experience and drive incremental revenue by embedding data in decision making across all levels of the organization.
High-level Responsibilities Of The Role Include
The team is currently looking for an entry level data scientist who has a passion for data and analytics with the willingness to dig deep into details as well as the ability to assess the big picture. In-depth understanding of modeling techniques and the ability to perform in a team as well as an individual is paramount to success in this role. The person must have experience to able to extract insights from large volumes of data and clearly communicate relevant triggers and recommendations.
- Execute solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, statistical modeling and machine learning techniques
- Continuously develop and demonstrate improved analysis methodologies
- You will have strong modelling skills and are comfortable owning data and working from concept through to execution
- Understand a business problem and the available data and identify what analytics and modeling techniques can be applied to answer a business question
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field like Math, Statistics, Operations Research and/or MBA preferred
- At least 2+ years of experience in modeling/ machine learning required
- Proven comfort and an intellectual curiosity for working with very large sets of data, and hands-on knowledge in predictive modeling
- Strong knowledge of either R or Python
- Be experienced in manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high dimensionality data from various sources to highlight patterns and relationships
- Understanding of how and when to apply predictive and machine learning techniques like logistic regression, random forest, GBM, Neural Nets, SVM etc. is required
- Be proficient in using database querying tools and able to write complex queries and procedures using Teradata SQL and/or Microsoft TSQL
- Hands on experience in using Big Data ecosystems (Hadoop/Spark), API Gateways and non-structured data will be a plus
- Being able to communicate complex quantitative analysis and algorithms in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- Exhibit written and spoken English fluency
- About 4-6 weeks of travel to US in a year required
- Must be legally authorized to work in India for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org