Searching for a Job at Uber in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
About the job
About The Role
The Core Analytics & Science Team (CAS) is Uber’s most extensive data science organisation, covering both of Uber’s main lines of business as well as the underlying platform technologies that power those businesses. We are a vital part of Uber’s cross-functional product development teams, helping to drive every stage of product development through data analytics, statistical, and algorithmic expertise.
The team at Bangalore, India, will host an entrepreneurial attitude that will focus on the rapid experimentation of ideas to expand the product portfolio for Uber. This team is regarded as one of the top-performing DS teams across Uber. This team is working to bring a customer-centric experience to our riders, at par with the Uber experience that they have come to expect. We are looking for a high-performing Applied Scientist to make significant contributions to our mission. A deep analytical passion for learning and the ability to execute on key business priorities is a must.
As an Applied Scientist for the team, you will play the significant role of helping define the product vision and deliver it from the ground up by working with a very fast-paced and passionate group of high-performing Data Scientists, Applied Scientists, Engineers, Designers, Product Managers, and Ops Managers. People with an entrepreneurial bent of mind, independent analytical thinking, rapid hypotheses building, testing hypotheses using experimentations, building machine learning/deep learning models, and apply causal inferences to aid the team make an informed decision and deliver high business impact.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a team of 3-5 highly skilled data scientists to deliver projects
- Collaborate with business leaders to drive product roadmap, prioritize, and manage staffing against key initiatives.
- Develop data-driven business insights and work with the team and cross-functional partners to identify opportunities, drive product strategy, planning, and execution.
- Drive understanding of our users and their interaction with our products, through in-depth analyses of user interaction and engagement.
- Define how our teams measure success, by developing Key Performance Indicators and other user/business metrics, in close partnership with Product Management and other disciplines such as engineering, operations and marketing
- Run experiments and develop dashboards and data visualizations to enable observability and to communicate results to leadership.
- Provide rigorous technical mentorship to the team.
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields.
- Minimum 2 years of management experience
- Basic understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Advanced SQL expertise
- Experience building intuitive and impactful dashboards and data visualizations that drive business decisions (eg with Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing learnings / takeaways
- Minimum 8 years of proven experience as a Data Scientist or equivalent
- Communication and stakeholder management skills – ability to influence and build alignment by clearly communicating and presenting information
- Ability to understand and prioritize business goals and strategies
- Project management skills – Ability to drive projects end-to-end
- Willingness to learn new methodologies and adapt to business needs and goals
- Ability to deliver on tight timelines and move quickly with cross-functional teams to execute on decisions while maintaining attention to detail
- Advanced experience with experimental design and statistical methods
- Have a growth mindset; love solving ambiguous, challenging and impactful problems!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org