Website Rockwell Automation
Searching for a Job at Rockwell Automation in Pune, Maharashtra, India
About the job
About Rockwell Automation
Rockwell Automation, the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized throughout the world for innovation and excellence. When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join a team of talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century. You join a diverse, inclusive, and global community with a passion for innovation. You join a place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And you join a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities. As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority, because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation’s Industrial Component Business is seeking a Software Engineer to be a significant contributor to the next generation new product development. You will have the opportunity to design and develop industry-leading commercial software, known for its innovation and usability. In this position, you will be highly involved in subsystem design, implementation, and testing, working very closely with the support of our senior engineers. You will play an active role in all the stages of the development lifecycle and support your team throughout the process. You will also help ensure that developed products meet requirements and are within total quality management standards. This position will allow you to collaborate with multiple global cross-functional teams.
We are looking for someone who will effectively leverage and learn from a diverse set of technical backgrounds and opinions by fostering a team-oriented environment and the use of open and direct communications, honesty, and respect. The ideal candidate will also actively seek knowledge of new developments in the software engineering, computer engineering, and test automation fields and will identify and pursue career development and training opportunities.
- Innovative and interesting projects in a newly formed team
- Become part of a team that believes in knowledge sharing and collaboration
- Professional work environment with a high emphasis on product quality
- Opportunities for training and development of professional skills
- Competitive benefits package
- Multinational work environment
What You Will Do
- Develops system designs by understanding and adhering to the software system requirements.
- Establishes a timeline for the design to track and report the progress. Considers tradeoffs between requirements, speed, cost, and reliability in the choice of a design approach.
- Develops and documents code that meets the requirements of the software design.
- Develops and executes thorough unit test plans. Reports, analyzes, debugs, and corrects anomalies. Takes the lead in the integration of other components to produce a final product.
- Participates in reviews of documents, designs, code, test cases and user documentation.
- Utilizes automated test tools and methods to ensure full functional coverage is attained.
- Performs routine product testing utilizing existing test collateral and test cases. Responsible for reporting any issues identified and documenting test results for follow-up.
- Guide Jr. Engineers
- Builds relationships and interacts with peers to ensure assigned tasks are prioritized appropriately.
- Actively seeks knowledge of new developments in the software engineering, computer engineering, and software testing fields.
- Identifies software development capability improvements in the areas of software development practices, development tools, and test automation. May present ideas to the team for consideration.
- Thinks outside the box and is willing to research and explore new avenues to overcome obstacles by utilizing the latest technologies and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Strong Commercial Software Design Skills
- At least 8+ years of experience in Software product design, development, test.
- Capable of delivering high-quality C#/C++/Angular code
- Experience in participating/leading reviews of designs, code, test cases, other documentation
- Provide work estimates and status reports as requested
- Experience in code collaboration tools and design reviews
- Excellent English proficiency and fluency to communicate with people at all levels.
- Software development on Windows
- Experience in IDEs (Visual Studio, code composer studio or equivalent), build automation systems (Makefiles), and release management tools (TeamCity/Jenkins)
- Experience with standard version control systems like Git, SVN
- Object oriented design using C++, C#, or Java
- Proficiency in Angular/Framework, TypeScript, Node.js, HTML, JSON/XML, web technologies
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a changing environment
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Who We Are
We are a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, we employ approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
Company: Rockwell Automation
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com