Searching for a Job at PayPal in Tondiarpet, Tamil Nadu, India
About the job
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Job Description Summary:
We are seeking a well-experienced Member of Technical staff/Architect to lead transformation of our platforms. The ideal candidate must have strong technology leadership and become a trusted advisor to influence our Technical Teams. You have the technical expertise to lead software and architecture discussions and guide cross-functional product and engineering teams through functional definition, solution, and integration stages on a large scale. Come join our team if you’re an individual who’s a fast, innovative thinker with the ability to quickly recognise opportunities and apply your exceptional technical knowledge and skills to deliver platform solutions that support outstanding customer experiences while driving efficiency, developer productivity & data quality improvements.
At least 8 years of experience building software.
- Experience in product platform design, architectural leadership.
- Expertise working in Distributed systems, designing large scale, drive and build high performance systems.
- Be a technical subject matter expert and represent the full internal and external capabilities of the platform.
- Deep hands on expertise in Java and related technologies, API design, REST, RPC and micro-service architecture.
- Experience using Big data, Kafka, and various SQL and noSQL databases background.
- Team-oriented approach – can effectively lead a project or participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organisations.
- Ensure engineering team implements optimal integration strategies, techniques and user experience best practices.
- Strong communication skills – including ability to listen to the needs of others and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present effectively in both oral and written presentations to peers and leadership.
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving and evaluative thinking skills.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
REQ ID R0067248
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Tondiarpet, Tamil Nadu, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org