Searching for a Job at Netflix in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
About the job
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with over 214 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Content Strategy & Analysis team is looking for an Associate to join its India team. Content Strategy & Analysis is the team in charge of the valuation and analytical strategy behind our content buying and original content decisions. The team works cross-functionally to translate the incredible amount of data at Netflix into financial decisions regarding the production and acquisition of shows and films. Content Strategy & Analysis also evaluates the general programming and content strategy, in addition to leading competitive analysis. We partner closely with the senior leadership of Netflix who depend heavily on the strategic insights we provide to inform critical business decisions across the company.
This role will reside in our Mumbai office and involves close coordination with members of the CS&A team in both Asia and the US.
- The Associate will report to a Manager, Content Strategy & Analysis for India, based in Mumbai, and will be a key though partner and go-to person for the India Content Team.
A Sample Of Work Could Include
- Preparing deal and valuation analyses (model building, scenario testing, etc.) in partnership with the Creative and Business Affairs teams
- Conducting market research, tracking and compiling industry trends in India
- Conducting analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators.
- Regularly present analyses and reports on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders
- Compiling thoughtful post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement.
- Working cross-functionally with other CS&A teams globally as well as Product, Marketing, and Consumer Insights teams.
- Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators.
- They must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics. Candidates must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
- 2+ years of experience in a management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, hedge fund, and/or media/entertainment/tech company in a strategy/business development/analytical role. We are looking for candidates that have worked in a highly-demanding environment in which complex modeling and analysis is performed.
- Prior experience in Media/Entertainment is a plus, but not a prerequisite.
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving and utilizing financial modeling and analysis (including strong Excel skills).
- Familiarity with statistical concepts and analyses.
- Adept at writing, facilitating, and presenting analyses.
- Education and training in a relevant field will be preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org