Searching for a Job at Microsoft in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
About the job
Microsoft is embarking on a new effort to address the growing needs of employees around the world. We are building the Microsoft Viva product suite to address the fundamental shift in how people work, build their career, and find meaning in their workplace. Ally.io has joined Microsoft through a recent acquisition to become a core pillar in the Microsoft Viva suite. Ally.io is a category-leading OKR SaaS solution that helps drive accountability, transparency, and alignment on goals across organizations. It was a highly successful startup based in Seattle (including Seattle Startup of the Year, and finalist for next Tech Titan) with a significant team footprint in India. As part of Viva, we have once in a lifetime opportunity to build a massive business from ground up and bring purpose, happiness, and productivity to millions.
We are seeking a Principal Engineering Manager to help support the team on their journey of joining the Viva suite and continuing to drive value to Microsoft customers, especially in the Enterprise space. This role will be instrumental in helping to shape the future of Ally and their engagement in the Microsoft Viva family. As part of the leadership in a rapidly scaling team, the EM needs to be a great team builder, be comfortable setting technical agendas, and experienced in managing a team of SWEs. Candidate attributes include experienced team leader, proven history of shipping software and services, a learning mindset, and generating energy across a diverse team.
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of 10-15 engineers so they all learn, grow, and succeed.
- Plan and prioritize work for your team, including collaborating with partner organizations.
- Provide oversight and accountability for technical decisions.
- Work with Program Management counterpart to define and design new features.
- Create an inclusive environment that attracts and retains high-performing engineers.
- Constantly learn and grow as an engineer and an engineering leader.
- Demonstrate a passion for customers and technology.
- 8 years minimum experience in software engineering or software development
- 3 years minimum experience in People Management
- 3 years’ minimum experience in building, leading, and supporting high-performing and globally distributed teams.
- Proven track record of building & shipping large scale enterprise software products or highly available and reliable cloud services.
- History of building strong relationships with product management and design at the working team and leadership level.
- Demonstrated ability to directly manage a team of SWEs to achieve results, strategic thinking, and grow careers.
- Innate curiosity and ability to self-start in an ambiguous and rapidly changing startup environment. Great at learning quickly.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Experience at many layers of the tech stack (native, web, service, UX, model, data).
- Open minded and thoughtful when making technology choices.
- Experience with existing M365 foundational technologies.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org