Searching for a Job at IBM in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
About the job
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of the Project Manager Assistant (PMA) is, to provide administration for the IBM contractual responsibilities. This includes working with IBMers as well as third-party vendors. In this role, PMA will be responsible to provide project management support to review the SOW the contractual responsibilities of both parties with the client; report utilization of project hours monthly; report Milestone Billing; assist with the resolution of IBM owned issues that require IBM internal actions; and administer the Project Change Control Procedure for scope changes. The PMA works on tasks independently but keeps the Project Manager and leadership promptly apprised of work status, raising issues of risk to the appropriate level; works effectively and efficiently with oversight from a Project Manager. In small projects, the PMA is responsible for the overall project plan, budget, structure, and schedule for the delivery organization.
What You’ll Do
- Work with Project Managers to provide a framework to Cloud and Cognitive Software (C&CS) Expert Labs project teams
- Coordinate and manage the activities of project personnel
- Create Project Management deliverables
- Maintain project communications with the client
- Create regular status reports
- Conduct regular status meetings with clients and project stakeholders
- Provide monthly financial forecasts to Project Managers
- Keep management cadence with the Project Manager and Delivery Leaders to provide insight on project status
- Develop knowledge of C&CS Expert Labs offerings with awareness on emerging technologies and solutions
- Administer the contract change control procedure with the client
- Review the SOW the contractual responsibilities of both parties with your Project Manager.
- Report utilization of project billing.
- Perform Invoice reconciliation
- Perform monthly financial forecasting
- Perform resource onboarding and tracking
- Manage the Project Control Book and Project Repository
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Relevant experience of 4+ years on Cognos Analytics
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in database application programming (SQL, PL/SQL and SQL PL), database administration and performance tuning on DB2 for LUW or Oracle is required.
- Experience building software for SaaS and Continuous Delivery Techniques is desirable.
- Experience with troubleshooting internal or external customer environments.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic development environment
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrates strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Creative approach to problem solving, innovation and issue resolution
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team
- Readiness to travel
- Master level Domain Knowledge of at least 3 domains.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Understanding of customer service, relationship management, and facilitation skills
- Solid personal leadership and management skills with a collaborative style
- Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
- Knowledge of methods and ability to grasp new concepts, acquire new ways of seeing things, and revise ways of thinking and behaving, with the understanding that this is an ongoing business necessity.
- Understanding the value of innovation and the ability to develop new ideas and initiatives that improve the performance of the organization.
- Knowledge of the techniques and the ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Knowledge of effective self-management practices; ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- Knowledge of the process of planning and arranging tasks and resources; ability to plan and organize both time and resources to get things completed while structuring and maintaining work in a systematic and highly methodical way.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Familiarity and experience with software development processes
- Familiarity and experience with project management processes and techniques
- Demonstrate leadership experience and ability to adapt, with a willingness to readily take ownership of tasks and problems, which often extend beyond the initial scope of responsibility.
- Have the initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills.
- Had an internship or work experience in a corporate setting with a demonstrated track record.
- Ability to participate in a virtual office setting and maintain an active and dynamic presence via phone and email
- Ability to travel up 75% when required.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com