Searching for a Job at IBM in Greater Kolkata Area
About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Application Database Administrator-Oracle Enterprise Applications, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation and modification.
- Implements standard security policies and procedures to ensure the standard EnterpriseOne application security is in place
- Installs and manages EnterpriseOne ServicePacks, Tools Releases, ESUs, ASUs and other fixes as appropriate
- On complex cross- functional issues, takes ownership of the problem and works with all required resources to arrive at resolution
- Analyzes chronic problems for patterns of systemic issues applicable to other customers and implements/ monitors/ oversees the resolution
- Participates in backup and recovery planning. Lead risks and resolving issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Interact with Client and Business team on requirement gathering and project implementations
- Work on building metadata based on different source files
- Create and test business rules for Driver based allocation, seeding process, currency conversion and copying assumptions
- Create member formulas for constant currency calculation and variance scenarios
- Create smart- push for data movements between different cubes
- Develop profit and load and balance sheet data forms as per adhoc templates
- Migration of application across different instances for data recon
- Build metadata based on extracts from different sources
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there’s no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in IT industry
- Expertise in Oracle Applications DBA skills in Oracle Ebusiness Suite 12.2/12.1
- Experience as OCI Administrator, managing the application server software and managing the application layer
- Solid Experience with Golden Gate, AIX and Linux, Programming and shell scripting
- In-depth experience creating and integrating new databases, JBOSS exposure
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
We always believe that it is deeply important to have the right person for the right job and you are a flawless fit to this strategy. We want people with an openness and ability to learn and who are ready to put good ideas into action. So, go ahead, and grab the opportunities – we wish you outstanding success in your career and inspire you to bring your best self to work with IBM.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Greater Kolkata Area
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com