Data Engineer: Data Warehouse vacancy in IBM Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Searching for a Job at IBM in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- As Data Warehouse Engineer, you are responsible for requirements gathering, System Designing, Data modeling, and ETL design, development, Production Enhancements, Support and Maintenance.
- Generating DB scripts from Data modeling tool and Creation of physical tables in DB.
- Worked SCDs to populate Type I and Type II slowly changing dimension tables from several operational source files
- Creating some routines (Before-After, Transform function) used across the project
- Creating omg Batches (DS job controls) and Sequences to control set of jobs.
- Extensively use DataStage Change Data Capture for DB2 and Oracle files and employed change capture stage in parallel jobs.
- Execute Pre and Post session commands on Source and Target database using Shell scripting
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BE, B.Tech with >60% is must
- 2 years of experience in developing software applications including: analysis, design, coding, testing, deploying and supporting of applications.
- Hands-on experience with Snowflake utilities, SnowSQL, SnowPipe, Big Data model techniques.
- Experience in developing SQL queries. Exposure in Data Migration from RDBMS to Snowflake cloud data warehouse. Good understanding of relational as well as NoSQL data stores, methods and approaches (star and snowflake, dimensional modelling)
- Secondary Skills:
- Hands-on with any scripting skills is preferred(Python/Spark)
- Experience in ETL development & deployment using IBM DataStage
- Knowledge on AWS Knowledge on dbt (data build tool)
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com