Software Developer vacancy in IBM Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Searching for a Job at IBM in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
About the job
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are IBM ZOS (Z Operating System) professional working on Z systems, and we build the most secure systems for our Banking and Enterprise customers to deploy their mission critical applications. Also, we provide atmost security and Data management on Z systems. The mission critical applications run on ZOS and all the data management is taken care by a product called DFSMS (Data Facility Storage Management Subsystem). DFSMS is a system software running on zOS platform which manages the DATA – End-to-end. It manages all kind of storage like Flash Systems, Disk Storage, SAN Storage, Tape Storage and Network Attached Storage and seamless moves the data across various storage based on the Data storage policy/management. Our IBM ZOS customers heavily rely on the stability of the DFSMS product and new innovative features which can enhance their user experience and bring in efficiency.
The zOS Data Facility Storage Management Subsystem (DFSMS) for IBM Z is looking to hire experienced Software Developer (job role includes management and development on large systems) that are highly driven and technically prepared to join a world-class team which develops the most challenging and complex systems in the world.
- The zOS Data Facility Storage Management Subsystem (DFSMS) for IBM Z is looking to hire experienced Software Developer (job role includes management and development on large systems) that are highly driven and technically prepared to join a world-class team which develops the most challenging and complex systems in the world.
- We develop, test, and support the data management portion of the z/OS operating system. Nearly 100% of all credit card transactions, 92% of the top 100 global banks, 90% of Fortune 500 companies, and 80% of the world’s corporate data depend on the IBM Z. For a half-century, the mainframe has transformed how we travel, enabled secure banking, improved how city agencies service citizens, and dramatically reduced traffic congestion. We develop leading-edge technologies in managing data, Cloud technologies, system solutions, and hardware enablement that power the most secure and reliable system on the planet.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3 years of relevant experience in IT industry
- Relevant experience of 1 year in System development or zOS platform area.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in one of the following technology areas: Assembly Language, PL/X, C or equivalent procedural programming language
- Demonstrated experience in software development
- Experience in developing and testing zOS application and systems development.
- Experience in Enterprise server and storage systems.
- Able to guide a team of lesser experienced professionals.
- Proven Communication, people management and leadership skills
- Ability to pick up new areas and work on a Consultant Profile as well
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- C, C++, JCL, REXX, PLX programming.
- ZOS architecture, System programming, device drivers, file systems, Storage and network management, Virtualization
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate – they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world’s most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org