Searching for a Job at IBM in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
About the job
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- As Data Scientist, you will develop, maintain, evaluate and test big data solutions. You will be involved in the design of data solutions using Artificial Intelligence based technologies like H2O, Tensorflow.
- Skills in designing algorithms, implementing pipelines, validating model performance, and developing interfaces such as APIs. Expertise in working with IBM Watson services using Python Also experience with Spark, Hadoop, SQL (HANA)
What you will do
- You are responsible for designing algorithms and implementation including loading from disparate data sets, pre-processing using Hive and Pig.
- Scope and deliver solutions with the ability to design solutions independently based on high-level architecture.
- Maintain the production systems like Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4 to 6 years of experience in IT Industry
- Technology expertise of solutioning in Hadoop, Hive, Spark / PySpark, SQL, Oozie along Data Modelling in Hive
- Experience in programming Languages- Java / Python / Scala and ability to demonstrate micro / macro designing and familiar with Unix Commands and basic work experience in Unix Shell Scripting
- Working knowledge in one NoSQL database like MongoDB/Cassandra/HBase/Couchbase
- Hands-on experience of various Big data architectures like Lambda / kappa with usage of automation / scheduling tool like Oozie or Cronacle or any other technology
- Proven ability in solutioning covering data ingestion, data cleansing, ETL, data mart creation and exposing data for consumers
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Hands-on 2 years’ experience in real time Big Data projects is preferred
- Working knowledge with one cluster manager like Cloudera Manager or Ambari
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals.
- Ability to manage change and be open to it good time management and an ability to work under stress
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com