Searching for a Job at IBM in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
About the job
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and execute strategy for Implementation of large and complex SAP related solutions in Cluster, non-cluster, RAC and Non RAC environments
- Should have experience of supporting HANA environments for large client
- Create optimized strategy and earn customers confidence for migration of SAP stack from NON–IBM environment to IBM environment or IBM to IBM environments, execute the strategized plan with or without other team members
- Build / execute / Support the DR Solutions (near DR and DR sites), Zero Data Loss (ZDL) solutions by studying client RPO / RTO objectives, workloads. Take up the assignment for estimating Bandwidth requirement for DR solutions.
- Undertake complex Architecture and Design work for projects which involves providing inputs to Storage and Server teams for achieving optimal performance.
- Take up short term assignments of application and database tuning for influencing immediate business outcomes.
- Perform investigative troubleshooting for complex, large & critical client setups.
- Backup solution design and implementation using Oracle RMAN, shell scripts, storage management solutions.
- You are also expected to be involved in developing the assets & automation tools providing value added services, tools that can drive delivery efficiency, bring in enhanced predictability of deliverables and consistency in experience of services delivered to the client.
- Job role involves moderate to high amount of travel.
- You will be expected to support business development team to build new services or consulting offerings based on newer technologies or based on changing client requirements.
- In this role, you will need to have 8 to 16 years of relevant SME experience in supporting similar engagements. Prior experience in complex systems integration projects will be preferable.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- SAP OS/DB Migration Certified and Experience in Migrating Database to HANA
- Experience in using SAP Tools DISTMON/MigMon/SAPINST
- System Copy (Homogeneous and Heterogeneous) for Dual Stack/Single Stack(Java/ABAP)
- SAP Unicode Conversion Experience (Single code/MDMP/Ambiguous Blended Code Page)
- Full Life Cycle Implementations of SAP on Oracle/DB2, Experience on Hardware Sizing, SAP Services and Database Clustering and DR Setup
- Experience of Implementation and troubleshooting in SAP Components R/3, ECC, BW/BI, SCM, SRM, CRM, Content Server, BOBJ, Solman, XI, EP, SLD
- SAP Version Upgrade and Enhancement Pack Implementations
- Advanced skills in Oracle 9i,10g and 11g design, administration, troubleshooting, SAP Oracle Upgrade, SAP Oracle Administration through Brtools, Oracle Data Guard Configuration and Oracle RMAN knowledge
- Performance tuning on SAP, Database and Unix platforms
- SAP Solution Manager Setup and Configuration.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org