Searching for a Job at IBM in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
About the job
Take your career to the next level as a Fulfillment Professional with IBM. By nurturing relationships, taking ownership of problem resolution, managing transaction requirements, and applying effective research, you will guarantee our client satisfaction and sales productivity. Our clients are our future, and your successful support is what brings IBM to the next level.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Procurement professional plays a key role in Client’s Procurement & Contract Management organization to have the necessary Internal Customers demand or Business requirements are met with inline to the Procurement policy, Contract Management, PO Processing and be responsive to its Clients, and to act with speed and agility.
- Communicate with clients and suppliers through all levels of organization
- PR processing for Business and Sourcing teams
- Blocked Invoices Review and identify the required corrections
- Update the contracts as per suppliers and Sourcing terms
- If required bridge between Sourcing and business teams
- Prepare Reports as and when requested or for monthly governance
- Additional support for any of the new projects
- Support sourcing projects based on client requirements
- Provide outsourcing category support as assigned by the Project Manager
- Track and report supplier related issues in conjunction with Business, AP and Sourcing Managers
- Identify any exception opportunities to the Sourcing Managers and make recommendations on PO and Contracts
- Interact with parallel organizations in other geo’s to assure consistent global approach
- Communicate supplier recommendations to clients based on objective criteria and fit for client business
- Act in compliance with all relevant IBM business conduct guidelines and client driven procurement processes
- This role will predominantly pacific US time zone. (08.30 PM IST to 05.30 AM IST).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5-6 years’ experience in Procurement domain
- Procurement experience with technical mindset on PR to PO process
- working knowledge of a global procurement strategy within a large corporation and have a background in one or more of the following indirect categories:
- IT and Business Equipment; including IT Software and IT Services
- Technical Subcontracting,
- Strategic thinking
- Apply analytical skills, good coordination skills
- Apply collaboration/teaming techniques
- Perform in matrix organization
- Apply Knowledge of Business Organization and Processes, Work instructions
- Apply Business Control Requirements
- Apply customer satisfaction skills / client facing skills
- Ability to complete staff-work to a high standard.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Procurement Skills with min of 5 years and above
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org