Searching for a Job at IBM in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As the Database Specialist/Cloud Modernization developer, you will be responsible to design and build database modernization and transformation solutions. Implement recommendations for Database modernization to take advantage of cloud services and Cloud container platforms.
The successful candidate will have deep hands-on experience with commercial/Opensource database technology and Cloud Native Development.
Role Summary Description
- Design and develop solutions to modernize commercial/OpenSource database workloads to Cloud on containers platform/DBaaS/Self Managed
- Consultant for optimal design of database modernization, complex distributed deployments and make recommendations for optimal performance.
- Provide technical definition in containerization of applications leveraging OpenShift and Kubernetes
- Apply Cloud Container Replatform and Refactor Modernization Architecture & Technology
- Perform discovery & analysis of current landscape and design modernization approach
- SME on various migration and modernization tools required for discovery, analysis, design and build
- Develop reference implementation and/or demos database migration solutions
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7+ years of project experience as database Specialist, Database modernization and Cloud technologies.
- Deep hands Hands-on experience with commercial or OpenSource databases such as Oracle DB, SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Apache Casandra or MariaDB.
- Experience in containerization of applications leveraging Kubernetes
- Experienced in key phases of IT workload modernization including discovery, analysis, design and deliver
- SME in solutioning database architecture for NFRs include HA, performance, DR, RTO, RPO, Security
- Hands on experience in migrating and modernizing database environments from one platform to another.
- Experience DevOps and Multi-cloud Management
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, Google, IBM Cloud and Cloud PaaS
- Knowledge of UDDI, encryption and canonical data models.
- Administration of hybrid cloud environment, Configuration of HA/DR
- Team player and team leadership
- Hands-on style
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org