Procurement Manager Jobs in IBM Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Searching for a Job at IBM in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Lead & Manage Helpdesk and Operations Team and be responsible for the delivery of Procurement Services. End to End Source TO PAY KNOWLEDGE is must have to evaluate risks and adhere to Client requirements. He/ She will be responsible for client satisfaction and meeting SLA commitments, Savings between the Client, and IBM.
Skills required – Someone who possesses the following at a minimum: strong communication skills both written and verbal, ability to multitask, Client facing skills, strong organization skills, attention to detail, Good presentation skills & procurement background.
- Fully responsible for managing Procurement operations, Helpdesk & Tactical Buying activities of client account
- Directing and coaching the team of Focals, Buyers & Agents on a regular basis towards meeting customer expectations
- Recruiting, training and development, and retention of Team Members; improve employee motivation and provide periodic performance feedback.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to manage buying projects
- Ability to work under pressure and strict time guidelines
- Ability of analysing and Reporting Data accurately
- Aptitude for understanding and good problem-solving skills
- Ensure Customer and Stakeholders Satisfaction
- Closely working with stake holders to gather their sourcing needs
- Handling customer escalations and conducting root cause analysis to find and implement lasting solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Discharges basic management responsibilities common to all IBM managers including Performance Appraisals and Career Development Processes
- Identify and mitigate any risks/issues that are foreseen as potential bottlenecks to the process.
- Understand client expectations and requirements and act as a communication channel between the center and the global teams.
- Participate in periodic internal and external reviews and resolve any issues relating to business controls guidelines.
- Execute operational plan to ensure all engagement SLAs are consistently met
- Formulate strategies and execute plans to move up the value chain
- Contribute to engagement profitability through efficient management of resource and expense
- Ensure audit readiness of all activities
- To Manage tactical buyers & provide functional guidance regarding E2E activities
- Support due diligence (DD) and transitions
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by reporting manager.
- Exposure to systems in Procurement i.e. Ariba, SAP, Emptoris, Coupa etc.
- In-depth understanding of IT applications / functionalities as well as SCM processes
- High degree of analytical, articulation, presentation & Negotiation skills
- Decision making, people management as well as leadership skills
- Positive Attitude, Planning, Curiosity, Self-discipline,
- Ability to work in North America time zone (6.30 PM to 3.30 AM IST)
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Minimum 10-12 years of experience in Procurement Operations, Helpdesk & Tactical Domain
- Five to Six years of People Management responsibilities is MANDATORY
- Must be a self-starter, good team player and an effective problem-solver, ambitious; able to work independently
- It is preferred if the resource has working experience in a North America based client facing environment. Also have strong Operations, tactical buying and negotiation skills
- Procurement, Tactical Sourcing & People Management Skills is a must have
- Proven Analytical and communication capabilities with strong ownership and accountability
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com