Application Database Administrator: DBMS Jobs in IBM Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Searching for a Job at IBM in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Perform/ translates the Data Model/ design into Physical objects.
- Managing the Authorizations (Grants/ Revoke/ maintaining the user groups) experience to upgrades of v10/ v11.
- Analyze data volume and space requirements.
- Experience on create/ alter/ drop DB objects/ Table spaces, tables, Indexes/ Store procedures/ triggers.
- Experience on Dealing data types of CLOB/ BLOB/ XML , Large objects/ Auxillary objects
- Experience on Unload/ Load/ Reorg/ Xloads/ backup & restore/ runstats utilities on DB objects and its maintenance.
- Experience on QMF/ Omegamon tool experience on IBM ADMIN tool.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Oracle DBA with experience of atleast 3 years and knowledge on PL/SQL. A typical DBA task includes Installation and configuration of Databases, back up, restoring databases, setting up High Availability, Disaster recovery, performance tuning, etc.
- 2-5 Years of Application DBA (Mainframe) Logical & Physical.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in z/OS DB2, Omegamon, QMF, SPUFI, Data Modelling(Start up knowledge), Good DB2 analytical skills, DASD estimation
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Good experience in scripting language.
- DB2 DBA Certification.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com