Application Consultant: DevOps careers in IBM Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Searching for a Job at IBM in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
About the job
IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Training, coaching scrum teams in following agile values, principles, and practices.
- Scheduling and Facilitating Scrum ceremonies
- Coaching the development team/s to become self-organized. Helping the teams to proactively look for impediments and taking action to prevent it from becoming blockers
- Keeping the stakeholders up to date on the progress of the scrum team(s).
- Partnering with Product Owner(s) to ensure continuous refinement of backlog, which may include stories from multiple projects.
- Coordinating dependency management with other scrum teams and non-agile teams.
- Guiding the scrum team(s) and organization to follow generally accepted Agile/Scrum practices and daily activities to actively promote prioritization, team readiness, and commitment for each Sprint.
- Using empirical data to help the team(s) assess their ‘Scrum Maturity’, optimize team velocity and identify improvement opportunities to achieve higher levels of team maturity.
- Contributing to scrum master community of practice(CoP), collaborating with other scrum masters in the organization and bringing in innovation and improving the existing processes
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have – Strong hands-on knowledge of SCRUM
- Must have had hands-on experience playing a SM role for teams, preferably in a customer facing set up
- Comfortable working with globally distributed scrum teams, product owners and scrum masters.
- Strong servant leadership, communication and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing and Agile Games.
- Good understanding of Agile metrics and how to use them in a practical way Familiar with common Agile development practices and experience working with development teams
- CSM, PSM or SAFe SM certified
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of other frameworks like Kanban, Crystal, FDD and XP (desirable)
- Experience working with customers / customer teams directly would be a great advantage
- Experience in migrating teams from traditional to Agile – Desirable
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com