Delivery Head/Wealth & Personal Banking IT Jobs in HSBC Hyderabad, Telangana, India
This Job Listing is about HSBC in Hyderabad, Telangana, India
About the job
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Business: Digital Foundations
Location (Country / City): Hyderabad
Some Careers Have More Impact Than Others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
Principal responsibilities : Delivery Head
WPB Tech has experienced significant growth and change within recent years. This has driven the need for us to undertake a strategic review of our current Target Operating Model and Organisational Leadership Structure. The creation of the newly defined Value Streams (VS) and Sub-Value Streams (SVS) will drive joint delivery of business outcomes through deep partnership between Business, Markets, Technology and Digital. As a result of these new changes, we are seeking experienced professionals for the Data Services & Platform Sub Value Stream Technology Lead opportunity. The Data Services & Platform SVS is part of the Data & Messaging VS. It represents the toolbox of WPB Data and Analytics team that is evolving into an AI driven Software product development team, while enabling WPB to leverage the power of its data through the creation and re-use of business and customer facing services.
Through the assigned SVS, the Data Services & Platform Sub-Value Stream Technology Lead will work with teams to drive end to end accountability across local markets, team delivery plans and technical challenges and opportunities before selecting the most appropriate delivery approach by:
- Simultaneously creating and deploying products and features to relevant markets
- Grouping products into packages and combining delivery plans tailored to markets
- Being creative and helping to identify new delivery solutions when the usual approaches don’t fit
An important component of the Data Services & Platform Sub-Value Stream Technology Lead role will be to set up and manage delivery of Agile Teams across Technology through:
- Managing the end to end creation and delivery of digital products and features into markets and brands, globally supporting through design, requirements, build and testing within WPB technology engineering teams through Agile ways of working
- Responding to new and emergent customer needs and opportunities within markets and regions
- Leading teams (100-120 FTE) using agile methodologies, utilising a DevOps approach to ensure each digital product globally operates on a single code base and is delivered through teams operating a continuous integration and continuous delivery framework and toolset
- Agreeing key metrics and set up dashboards to track planned against actuals and productivity versus quality measures
- Achieving the correct balance of headcount to provide a sustainable and skilled resource pool that can work against delivery of SVS plans
- Maintaining the right level of governance and control to ensure adherence to HSBC guidelines. Drive prioritization to ensure we (WPB technology) are working on the right pieces of change with the highest impact for customers and the bank
- Manage costs associated with implications of risks/issues, involving stakeholders and managing budget variation as appropriate.
Principle Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
- End to end accountability of SVS technology delivery in a high-growth digital environment, exhibiting strong ability to build and implement strategies for solving ambiguous customer-focused problems
- Developing clear strategic priorities that ensures resources (capability, people & funding) are enabled to deliver new features and compelling distinctly native services within VSs
- Managing the tracking of assigned SVS, risks/issues/dependencies, assess the impact of the benefit realization for the programme/portfolio and take action to maximise benefit.
- Translating customer needs through from conception to managing plans and priorities for execution against delivery
- Full ownership of Technology Delivery roadmap, managing changes as they arise and keeping stakeholders focused on the agreed change outcomes and benefits
- Managing and controlling all associated costs/investments against annual budget for designing and developing new services (Change The Bank) as well as managing and supporting existing services (Run the Bank) within the SVS
- Enabling delivery of the agreed Sub-Value Stream by resolving major delivery ambiguities and removing major delivery blockers as required
- Obtaining buy in from and influencing of senior management and stakeholders programme plans, commitments, changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, budget, scope, resources, risk mitigation and contingency plans
- Leverage appropriate technologies and capabilities for relevant delivery agenda
- Improve brand perception and new business share of HSBC in its WPB markets
- Adopt and develop a customer centric ethos, use customer insight to continuously enhance a seamless customer experience, increasing loyalty, advocacy and retention
- Adopt a realistic stretch on technology delivery i.e. leading adoption and new capabilities whilst managing the risk of failure
Stakeholders – Internal and External
- Work in partnership with the Sub-Value Stream Business Outcome Lead to deliver the required customer and business outcomes of the agreed SVS
- Manage an effective relationship with partners and third party vendors to ensure successful delivery and efficient cost management
- Internal client centric approach needed to deliver against strategic objectives working with:
- Broader Technology teams
- Centres of Excellence, ensuring they support the strategy and TOM
- Business and Product teams
Leadership & Teamwork
- Help refine, prioritise and drive the SVS strategy aligned to the WPB strategic goals.
- Provide decisions, technical expertise and innovation across all aspects of areas of responsibility and makes strategic decisions on investment
- Provide the personal leadership required throughout HSBC and support talent growth
- Accountable for leading global teams and removing barriers to aligning with best practices across the globe
- Act as an enabler to join up the multiple areas and stakeholder e.g Senior Execs, Business, Tech and across GB/GF, Product and Proposition Providers, Industry Experts
- Cultivates an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Able to manage multiple applications to tight budget and time frames
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure technology goals are identified, communicated, documented, agreed and delivered in the most cost effective manner possible through to the completion of the successful pilot deployment.
- Identifying key risks, issues and interdependencies and provide appropriate mitigation strategies
- Supporting audit / independent programme assessments as required
- Ensure HSBC is not put at any operational or reputational risk
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities)
- HSBC has evolved over its 150-year history and has grown by acquisition rather than organically. As a result, technologies across the 66 countries are as varied
- Understanding required of the current Proposition and Business strategy to propose strategy that will allow the Business to meet their business outcome, balancing time to market and cost to implementation
- Managing within a bureaucratic process and lowest common denominator solutions
- Ensuring that all HSBC WPB services offer standout customer (internal and external) experience and fully deliver on our brand promise
- Provision of common global solutions while recognising that local regulations and customs will require the service to be tailored. Even where local regulation and customs tailor the service accordingly, the service quality HSBC offers will be to the same standard across the world
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
- Drive a global strategy whilst managing the associated annual deployment budget aligned to the SVS
- Have awareness of both the group strategy, WPB strategy and the Global Digital external environment
- Lead through a global hybrid organization ensuring that HSBC is a nimble and effective provider of Digital multi-channel capabilities, buying capability and partnering with other companies where appropriate. The global digital product organization is likely to be subject to governance of WPB ExCo, managing levels of investment and prioritizing development and deployments. While operating with the hunger, speed and innovation orientated culture of a startup, equally ensuring that all applications are operationally robust and customer data / security id protected at all times as is the HSBC Brand.
- Be a critical leader of a global transformation, influencing, inspiring and educating others at all levels in the organization
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours required to support the Best Place to Bank principles of Make Better Products, Sell Them Properly and Keep Them Sold.
The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring. Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with the Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
Role Dimensions (e.g. balance sheet size, lending/expenditure limits, size/volume of transactions, budget)
- Global Transformation and change associated with SVS
- Annual development and deployment budget aligned to SVS
- Manage and control costs/investments within the agreed budget aligned with delivery accountability
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role – not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
- Outstanding Technology leader experienced in driving strategic change in a matrix environment
- Leading and directing executive and non-executive work groups and effecting change through people in a large matrix organization
- Strong commercial orientation, track record of balancing risks versus rewards and maximizing the cost effectiveness and profitability for the business. Preferably having managed an international P&L
- An entrepreneurial drive, with the ability to deconstruct and solve problems, to investigate drivers and “root causes” and drive business action planning to deliver solutions
- Demonstrated influencing skills in engaging a diverse group of stakeholders to achieve the best outcomes for all stakeholders
- Experience of leading teams in agile at-scale methods using DevOps tools and process
- Managing operational functions, directing process reengineering and efficiency exercises
- Effective communication, influencing and negotiation and strong stakeholder management skills at all levels and across diverse, global teams and key stakeholders across WPB technology and the wider HSBC
- Keen understanding of products, services and underlying processes to fulfill
- Deep and wide subject matter expertise of exceptional ability to lead diverse teams across global functions, with strong people leadership, team work, gathering information and analyzing, judgment and decision making, communication competencies
- Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from across all 5 regions (North America, LATAM, Middle East, Asia Pacific and Europe)
- Ability to apply risk assessment and management principles and processes and find ways of solving or pre-empting issues
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
- Issued By HSBC Software Development Centre***
|| Hyderabad, Telangana, India