Searching for a Job at HP in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
About the job
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. We use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone – at every level in every function, is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them. We trust anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work. This vision is what sets us apart as a company. At HP we work across borders and without limits. Global virtual teams share resources and pool their big ideas to solve business issues and meet personal goals. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences, and perspective they bring. That’s how we work at HP. And this is how ideas and people grow.
If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding opportunity where your ideas will help us transform in the state of constant change, then look no further. This role will support the Supply Chain Business Intelligence & Analytics organization (SCBI) in achieving our mission to enable a data driven culture by making high quality data and solutions available to every employee. We transform Certified Data to Better Insights to Educated Decisions to Meaningful Actions. To help enable this strategy, we are looking to hire a new team member to ensure the quality of the data for our solutions where the deliverables are leveraged by L1s and their organizations across the company.
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in HP’s most complex disciplines. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization’s long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Leads organization wide team or teams of other data engineers for all stages of design and development for complex, secure and performant data solutions and models, including design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration of structured/unstructured data.
- Builds and manages relationships throughout the organization
- Prepares and presents literature, presentations, invention disclosures for peer review & publication in industry data engineering domain initiatives and conferences.
- Assures designs and project activities are in compliance with data policies, architecture, security and quality guidelines and standards.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into organization wide projects and activities in the big data space.
- Leverages recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and overall data systems leadership to influence decisions of executive business leadership, development partners, and industry standards groups.
- Represents the data engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced staff members.
Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive experience with data engineering tools, languages, frameworks to mine, cleanse and explore data.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in NoSQL & relational based systems.
- Strong experience in overall architecture of big data systems, cloud services/systems.
- Extensive experience designing data systems/solutions to manage complex data in complex, distributed and massively parallel systems.
- Evaluating and selecting forms and processes for database architecture testing and methodology, including writing and/or supervision on execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels, BU and executive levels.
Scope & Impact
- Collaborates with peers, junior engineers, data scientists, project team(s), and senior staff.
- Typically interacts with high- level Individual Contributors, Managers, Directors, Execs and Program Core Teams.
- Leads multiple and complex projects requiring data engineering solutions development.
- Drives design innovation.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 10+ years’ experience.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org