This Job Listing is about EY in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Senior Associate – Central Demand Intake Team
As a Senior Associate with the Central Demand Intake (CDI) team, you will be part of an industry leading, high performing and agile team of workforce management professionals working with our service delivery and business development teams to identify and record future demand pipeline, provide exceptional client service to our stakeholders and helping our employees gain differential experiences that are aligned to their career aspirations.
We provide learning and growth opportunities to build your ability to analyse, innovate, think and act globally. You’ll be part of an organization that is focused on optimization, is solution oriented, innovates and provides best in class services to the client serving teams.
EY Global Delivery Services (EY GDS) is a dynamic and global service delivery network of over 50,000 professionals working across borders, to provide innovative and strategic business solutions to EY member firms and EY clients globally.
We offer a great place to work for every person joining EY. At GDS, you will have the opportunity to develop your professional skills in a truly global environment. You will learn and gain experiences from industry leading WFM professionals and a path breaking leadership team.
We invest in your learning and development. We’ll help you develop the technical and soft skills you need. We support your professional development with a combination of learning, networking, experiences, and coaching. As part of a 300+ member team, supporting 4 unique Service Lines, you will always have opportunities to showcase your skills and contribute to the firm’s strategic initiatives.
Your Key Responsibilities
As part of GDS Central Demand Intake (CDI) team, you will be assigned to a region/ country/ service offering / competency/ sector and work as the central point of contact for demand pipeline projections. You will work with the demand managers, pursuit leaders, GDS and onshore engagement managers and other key stakeholders to identify demand drivers and capture all demand requests. You will be responsible to record all demand details in the applicable demand intake tools for effective internal and external fulfilment planning.
You will be responsible to implement the demand intake process within the assigned business teams, capture staffing demand projections, analyze demand intake patterns and identify all key details related to the demand – skills, proficiency, rank, scope of work, location, start date, end date, deal value, demand hours/ FTEs etc.
You will be responsible to share all relevant updates related to the demands with the Service Line leadership and broader experience management team for effective fulfilment planning.
You will also supervise, train and assign responsibilities to associates within your team.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Implement the central demand intake model in your assigned business team.
- Ensure compliance to WFM business rules, deployment policies, talent policies and regulatory requirements.
- Work with the demand management and business teams to predict/forecast demand pipeline based on upcoming deals, market leadership plans, growth estimates and other projections.
- Capture demand pipeline, understand demands heuristics, and identify actionable demand.
- Own the recording of all demands, in scope of your team, in the applicable demand intake systems to generate a unique demand ID.
- Regularly review open demands with the business leaders, identify changes to demand details and update the same in the demand intake tools.
- Report all demand KPIs and demand outlook to the relevant stakeholders
- Provide all demand details to the broader Experience Management POCs and answer all demand related queries posted by the team.
- Supervise, mentor, and provide functional SME support to the associates in the team.
- Conduct required demand governance with the relevant stakeholders
Skills And Attributes For Success
Graduates with 4-7 years of relevant workforce management and team management experience. Understanding of deal management, engagement life cycle, and financial aspects of demand is required. WFM experience on technology skills, operational and financial aspects of service delivery is mandatory. The suitable candidate should have good communication, negotiations, reporting and analytical skills, can compute staffing demands, validate skills and experiences associated with the demand.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Excellent domain knowledge in resource management, demand planning and MIS.
- Strong execution skills with focus on meeting timelines and delivering highest quality service.
- Solution oriented mindset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- People management experience to supervise teams of 2-3 people
- Strong time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent articulation and negotiation skills.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Minimum experience of 1 year in people management and supervision.
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Prior experience of workforce management any service delivery organization or consulting organization (IT/Professional/Financial services etc.) would be preferred
- Project management experience or experience of working in agile teams would be preferred
- Ability to problem solve issues for the team and guide them as a subject matter expert
What We Look For
We are looking for professionals interested to build a career in the demand management function. An ideal candidate would have the eye for detail and would be efficient in performing complex task without compromising on the quality. The right candidate would have the ownership mindset to drive things independently in a dynamic environment.
What We Offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India