This Job Listing is about Deloitte in Gurugram, Haryana, India
About the job
Manager, Data Science – Reinforcement Learning (RL) expert
Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and new responsibilities? If so, Deloitte & Touche LLP could be the place for you. At Deloitte, we are creating a world-class Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) Center of Excellence to enhance Deloitte’s existing services and empower our clients to gain exponential value from their data. Our focus is on bringing data, analytics, and technology together with our deep expertise in multiple industries to drive new product development and significant automation/efficiencies. We are seeking to grow our team with brilliant and diverse contributors with technical ability. We are looking for machine learning experts with strong experience in Deep Learning that want to be part of a team that has an opportunity to make a significant impact.
Work you’ll do
You will be responsible for leading and directing a team focused on developing cutting-edge quantitative solutions to our client’s most challenging problems. You will not only provide advanced technical leadership, guiding research and applications of quantitative methods, but will also provide direct supervision, mentorship, support, guidance, oversight, and recruitment of your team. This is an exciting role that will stretch your knowledge and curiosity, offering the opportunity to deepen your skills, learn new industries, and work within a global community.
As a Reinforcement learning (RL) expert your responsibilities include deploying reinforcement learning techniques across a wide variety of clients and industries as well as:
- Play a key technical role for machine learning & deep learning platform components development based on various frameworks and hardware
- Drive the application of rigorous data science within the AI CoE and across Deloitte
- Lead improvements in methodology or initiatives to address capability gaps or increase efficiency
- Influence machine learning strategy for a client/program/project; explore design options to assess efficiency and impact, develop approaches to improve robustness and rigor
- Be a key contributor to the planning and direction of a project and effectively prioritize goals
- Lead discussions at peer review and use quantitative skills to positively influence decision making
- Effectively explain technical concepts at all levels in the organization, including senior leaders/stakeholders
- Represent Deloitte externally to advance our reputation as the AI/ML leader in the consulting industry
- Identify opportunities to apply the latest advancements in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to build, test, and validate predictive models
- Create algorithms to extract information from large, multiparametric data sets
- Deploy your algorithms to production to identify actionable insights from large databases
- Compare results from various methodologies and recommend best techniques to stakeholders
- Develop and embed automated processes for predictive model validation, deployment, and implementation
- Connect and collaborate with subject matter experts across multiple industries
- Make impactful contributions to internal discussions on emerging machine learning methodologies
This is a hands-on position where you will be empowered to be creative, ambitious, and bold; to solve novel problems and have the potential to directly impact the lives of people around the world. We have impressive toolkits and clients with world class data, and we are now looking for talented people to join our team.
- A degree in Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry or related quantitative field (Masters or PhD preferred)
- Expertise in machine learning/deep learning algorithms applied to reinforcement learning
- various disciplines such as cyber security, etc.
- Expert understanding of a programming language such as Python.
- Experience with at least one Deep Learning framework such as PyTorch or TensorFlow/Keras
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality, production-ready code (readable, well-tested, with well-designed APIs)
- Demonstrated ability to develop novel machine learning methods that go beyond putting together of existing code, and to apply problem-solving skills to complex issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team to both teach and learn every day
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- PhD or Master’s degree
- A domain specialization such as Cyber Security, Fraud/Waste/Abuse, or Data Management( ? Is this needed?)
- Proficiency in Linux environment (including shell scripting), experience with database languages (e.g., SQL, No-SQL) and experience with version control practices and tools (Git, Perforce, etc.)
- Familiarity with cloud computing services (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Experience with large-scale deep learning model training
Finding the right job and preparing for the recruitment process can be tricky. Check out tips from our Deloitte recruiting professionals to set yourself up for success. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters .
We believe that to be an undisputed leader in professional services, we should equip you with the resources that can make a positive impact on your well-being journey. Our vision is to create a leadership culture focused on the development and well-being of our people. Here are some of our benefits and programs to support you and your family’s well-being needs. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you .
Our people and culture
Our people and our culture make Deloitte a place where leaders thrive. Get an inside look at the rich diversity of background, education, and experiences of our people. What impact will you make? Be inspired by the stories of our people .
You want to make an impact. And we want you to make it. We can help you do that by providing you the culture, training, resources, and opportunities to help you grow and succeed as a professional. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people .
Requisition code: 47047
|| Gurugram, Haryana, India