Website Compass Group UK Ireland
This Job Listing is about Compass Group UK Ireland in Shrewsbury,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
What You’ll Be Doing
Head Chef – Shawbury
ESS Support Services Worldwide is the defence, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote site, defence, police, prison and offshore sectors. It currently employs in excess of 30,000 employees in over 45 countries, with around 10,000 of those based in the UK.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious Head Chef with a real passion for food where you’ll be able to develop your career with the world’s leading food service and facilities management company.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic Head Chef to lead our dedicated catering team in Bedford, from fine dining for six to feeding an Army, as a talented Head Chef, you will supervise the daily catering operation to improve the customer food service experience by delivering a best-in-class food offer to military and civilian personnel.
If you are an innovative and creative Head Chef, passionate about using top quality fresh ingredients, and looking for a role which can offer both work life balance and career development – we want to hear from you!
More About The Role
Responsibilities will include:
- The Head Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Taking responsibility for the food production with a hands-on approach
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Driving sales through centrally driven menu planning and promotions and preferred suppliers
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- The Head Chef will also be required to implement and maintain food monitoring procedures to facilitate budgetary control and to monitor all costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets
Who You Are
Our Ideal Head Chef will:
- Proven experience in quality catering environments.
- Excellent people skills, able to lead and develop a team.
- Passion about food and customer service.
- Strong IT skills
- Strong financial and commercial acumen.
- High standards and quality driven.
- Excellent organisational & communication skills.
- A ‘ Can Do ‘ attitude.
Part of Compass Group UK&I, ESS is the Defence, Government, and Energy services sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. We support 250+ UK military establishments, high profile police, secure environments and government sites, along with a range of onshore and offshore facilities including platforms, drilling rigs, floatels and offices for the energy sector. We know that a friendly face makes all the difference, so we look for people who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, at all levels, to join our teams.
Job Reference: com/0211/94626001/52291693/SU
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.
What We’ll Give
- Up To £15 per hour
- Great Work/life Balance
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution