Engineering Data Design in Commonwealth Bank 2022 at BengaluruEast,Karnataka,India
Website Commonwealth Bank
This Job Listing is about Commonwealth Bank in BengaluruEast,Karnataka,India 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
At CommBank, we never lose sight of the role we play in other people’s financial wellbeing. Our focus is to help people and businesses move forward, to progress The Chief Data Office is accountable for developing Group’s data strategy, data policy & standards, governance and set requirements for data enablers/tools. The team is also accountable to facilitate a community of practitioners to share best practice and build data talent and capabilities
- You’re solutions focused and driven to make a difference for our customers
- We value your delivery towards our customers
- Together we will can deliver innovative product platforms for our customers
Do work that matters
In your role as a Solution Designer, you will be required to maintain and build productive relationships with the following:
See yourself in our team
You will be part of the CDO group. You will utilise cutting-edge technologies to solve our customers’ hardest data centric problems. One of your key responsibilities will be to contribute to the design and build of fit for purpose Business Intelligence solutions, analytical records for modelling and decisioning over a variety of domains and problems spaces. This will include sound knowledge of the Groups data strategy, architecture and technology roadmap, aligning business needs and ensuring appropriate service levels of the CDO technology services.
We’re Interested In Hearing From People Who Have
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in design, architecture or development in Analytics and Data Warehousing
- Experience leading discussions and presentations.
- Experience in driving decisions across groups of stakeholders.
- Extensive experience with Teradata data warehouses and Cloudera Hadoop. Proficient across Enterprise Analytics/BI/DW/ETL technologies such as Teradata Control Framework, Tableau, OBIEE, SAS, Apache Spark, Hive.
- Minimum 5 years for experience in Data Modelling, Dimensional, Star and Non-Dimensional Schemas. Exposure to industry standard model like FSLDM / IBM IFW DW.
- Analytics & BI Architecture appreciation and broad experience across all technology disciplines, including project management, IT strategy development and business process, information, application and business process.
- Experience in working within a Solution Delivery Life Cycle framework & Agile Methodology.
- Extensive experience in large enterprise environments handling large volume of datasets with High SLAs.
- Experience in creating reusable group data asset.
- Experience across Enterprise BI/Big Data/DW/ETL technologies such as Teradata, Hadoop, Tableau, SAS, Hyperion or Business Objects.
- Dimensional Modelling
- BI Architecture appreciation and broad experience across all technology disciplines, including project management, IT strategy development and business process, information, application and business process.
- Experience in working within a Solution Delivery Life Cycle framework.
- Experience leading discussions and presentations. Experience in driving decisions across groups of stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in large enterprise environments handling large volume of datasets with High Service Level Agreement(s).
Roles And Responsibilities-
- Liaise closely with the Architecture team to ensure delivery is in accordance with the agreed architecture, High Level Solution Designs and Information Strategy.
- Liaise with the Operations teams very early to ensure aspects of quality, performance and stability are considered before a solution is designed.
- Deliver high quality detail design for CDO projects in alignment with group reference architecture.
- Ensuring that the design meets customers short- and long-term business needs aligned to governance.
- Provide technical design services which may include dimensional modelling, staging areas, Business Access Layers, semantic layer design, ETL design, data labs considerations, table and view optimisation, aggregation, materialisation and performance considerations.
- Design decisions may include choice of reporting tool or cubes, static delivery vs interactive reports, extracts vs runtime look ups, security methods, archiving methods, on-platform execution vs data shipping to platforms such as Pega for decisioning, BI Tools like tableau, OBIEE.
- Provide functional and technical direction for Analytics and BI projects and influence on appropriate solution design.
- Promote and embed design patterns, standards and guidelines across projects and programmes in CDO.
- Work closely with project managers, Business analysts, developers and testing team to ensure that approved designs are implemented.
- Provide design patterns that are re-useable, simple and robust that comply with CDO and Information architecture principles and standards. Gain approval of the design patterns at the appropriate ES councils.
- Participate in BI and Information Architecture forums and councils to advise and influence in the formulation of design principles and standards
We have over 37,000 employees across our retail, business and institutional banking, funds management, superannuation, insurance, investment and broking businesses, as well as a range of interests around the world. As such, we offer a broad range of opportunities for our employees to continue to build on their skills and develop their careers in new and interesting directions.
If this sounds like the role for you then we would love to hear from you. Apply today!
If you’re already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you’ll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We’re aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 11/12/2022