Searching for a Job at Citi in Pune, Maharashtra, India
About the job
Job Id: 21366015
The Testing Senior Supervisor provides leadership and supervisory responsibility for medium-sized operational/administrative team(s)) of clerical/support employees. Good understanding of procedures and concepts within own technical/subject area and a basic knowledge of other areas in order to understand how they relate to own area. Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the subfunction/ job family. Improves process efficiencies in support of unit objectives. Requires a basic conceptual/ practical grounding in policies as they apply to the business. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Influences decisions through advice, counsel, facilitating services to others or through joint accountability for volume, quality and timeliness of end results. No direct responsibility for financial or resource planning. Work generally affects own team as well as other closely related work teams. Full supervisory responsibilities. including duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations as well as direction of daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Supervises a testing team (consisting of support staff and/or entry-level testers) in support of the quality and control function within the testing platform.
- Evaluates subordinates’ performance and considerable weight is given to recommendations made for pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions.
- Deals with variable issues with potentially broad impact. Improves process efficiencies in support of unit objectives; recommends new work procedures.
- Provides support to ensure resource gaps are addressed. Performs risk assessments related to testing activities.
- Allocates work; monitors quantity and quality of work; provides feedback on performance.
- Acts as backup to Testing Manager.
- Exhibits good understanding of procedures and concepts within own area and a basic knowledge of other areas.
- Requires a basic understanding of how area integrates within IT testing.
- Makes evaluative judgments based on analysis of factual information; resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired experience and guided by precedents.
- Has direct impact on the team and closely related teams by influencing decisions through advice, counsel or facilitating services to others and responsibility for end results.
- Requires sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5 + years experience in an IT testing role with previous people management experience
- Knowledge of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) Knowledge of any tool used for Validation Capable of defining and implementing diverse processes for Testing and Validation of projects
- Knowledge of quality control Project management skills.
- At least 2+ years’ experience in automation test development with following technologies: Selenium with Java-BDD Framework , REST API testing, SQL/Oracle, REST Assured.
- Should have experience in designing and developing test automation frameworks.
- Experience in SQL/Oracle.
- Knowledge in creating and maintaining Quality/Assurance documentation (test strategy & plan, test cases/scripts, defect reports/analysis, etc.).
- Experience on JAVA, JUNIT/TESTNG, TeamCity/Jenkins, Postman, Bit Bucket, JIRA etc.
- Has an experience working in Agile software development methodology
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org