Website British Council
Searching for a Job at British Council in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
About the job
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK.
These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Job Title: Sr. Executive- Tax & Compliance
Purpose Of The Job
The position will be responsible :
- Ensuring the relevant direct and indirect tax compliance.
- Expected to work with Finance Controller on the Strategic & Operational aspects involving the relevant initiatives.
The department takes care for maintaining the tax-related information and reporting to the taxation authorities at the federal, state, county, and local levels in a timely manner, and also assisting and advising management on the tax impact of various corporate strategies.
- Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- Responsible for, statutory and regulatory compliances under Direct and Indirect Taxes applicable to the entity from time to time.
- Responsible for ensuring correct calculation and timely submission of returns under the various Tax laws applicable to the entity from time to time.
- Responsible for preparing tax provision and other schedules by reviewing, preparing, and consolidating provision schedules
- Responsible to review changes in applicable tax laws and update management
- Responsible to undertake improvement projects in tax matters and compliances.
- Responsible for managing internal and statutory audits pertaining to tax compliances and audits by tax authorities.
- Managing the relationship with external consultants
- Developing appropriate systems/process to track refunds/ensure visibility on taxes paid/tax liabilities.
- Provide support for various projects undertaken by Corporate Finance of the on-going projects is Tax Optimization Project.
- Working knowledge of SAP required and system (SAP) enabled checks and controls
- Ensuring integrity and completeness of financial records & compliance with financial control standards
- Implement new advantages into operations after getting it authorized from consultants and industrial practice.
- Process improvements and aligning with the Group policy document.
- Review and evaluate cost reduction opportunities.
Accounting and Reporting.
- Providing technical support on taxation issues
- Responsible for month end book closing with respect to taxes.
- Responsible for up to date maintenance of P&L and Balance Sheet, schedules & reconciliations
- Preparation of financial details for meetings with directors and other review meetings
Ensure legal and financial compliance for the India site.
- Ensuring all internal & external compliances is met in time.
- Assist manager on new measures to minimise tax.
- Coordinate with tax lawyers/Consultants.
- Preparation of trackers for all compliances on monthly basis
- Coordinate external and internal audits of the Company to ensure timely completion.
- Undertaking interdepartmental audit as per audit plan
- Ability to resolve queries/ demands/ notices from the Department.
- Finance Controller and Manager Accounts and Finance
- Delivery Heads
- Department Heads within support team
- Stakeholders -BC UK Group Tax Head and BC Education -Director Finance
- Statutory Auditors
Role Specific Skills (if Any)
Good communication skills including proactive approach in problem solving skills
GST compliances and WHT on Domestic and Foreign payments
Proficiency with MS Office. Working Knowledge of SAP required
Relevant exp post-qualification experience (CA)
Pay Band – 5
Contract Type – Indefinite
Location – Noida- India
Department/Country- General Management
Requirements – Must have current right to work in India
Closing Date – 21st Jan 2022 (23:59 IST)
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we work at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment process.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email [email protected]
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.
Company: British Council
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com