Searching for a Job at Boeing in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
About the job
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is hiring for Associate Software Engineer – V&V to join the Boeing India Engineering Team and will be based out of Bangalore. This position will report to Boeing India Engineering organization.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration as these positions will focus on working directly with the Engineering Manager to develop Software V&V artifacts to meet the organizational goals.
- Be an individual contributor/ practitioner who works independently with very minimal supervision.
- Understand the big picture of the system/product and deliver the assigned Tasks & responsibilities on time with 100% first time quality.
- Understand System requirements and develop/modify/maintain Test procedures and associated test data to achieve 100% Test coverage for the requirements. Establish the traceability from Requirements to Test.
- Understand various Test Automation frameworks and automate the manual test procedures.
- Perform peer reviews of Requirements, Test cases & procedure and test data as per DO178 guideline.
- Perform Dry runs, Formal runs of Test procedure in the Integration Lab environment.
- Support SRR (Systems Requirements Review), PDR (Preliminary Design Reviews), CDR (Critical Design Reviews), TRR (Test Readiness Review), Formal Qualification Stage of Involvement audits #3 and #4.
- Support project management by providing periodic status and required metrics data.
- Be a good team player in the agile team. Candidate should possess excellent communications skills to participate in Requirement/Design/Test reviews, have a thorough understanding of version control and software quality attributes, such as testability, portability and maintainability, and enjoy a self-driven and collaborative development approach.
- Be dynamic and support management and leads to ensure successful product deliveries.
- Identify, communicate and mitigate the Risk, issues and Opportunities on a timely manner.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor or Master of Engineering degree and 6 to 8 years of related work experience in Avionics or networking systems software Validation/Verification, Functional Integration and certification.
- Expertise in requirements based testing of Onboard Avionics Software
- Experience with command line utilities in Linux, Bash/Shell scripting
- Experience in working in Hardware benches and executing Tests in integration labs.
- Expertise in DO178C guideline for Avionics software Verification and validation
- Good Knowledge of ARINC protocols (A664, A429, A717, A651) and RS-422.
- Familiarity with networking systems and messaging protocols (HTTP, RTP, RTSP, REST, SNMP)
- Experience in Python Scripting/programming.
- Experience in automation frameworks using Robot/Cucumber and selenium.
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Atlassian Suites) and processes.
- Good in troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Good at Systems Thinking – Ability to understand the big picture and the inter-relationships between components of systems and plans and anticipate future events.
- Good Analytical Skills – Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or higher
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 to 8 years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. (E.g. Master + 4 years’ related work experience)
This position does offer relocation within INDIA.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing’s values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company’s commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org