Associate Software Engineer – Avionics Positions in Boeing Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Searching for a Job at Boeing in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
About the job
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing India Engineering is currently looking for Associate Software Engineer -Avionics to join their team in Bangalore. These positions will focus on supporting the Boeing Commercial (BCA) & Boeing Defense Space & Security (BDS) business organization.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration as these positions will focus on working directly with the Software Engineering Manager to implement strategies helping business to meet their organizational goals.
- Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Carry out development testing to ensure First Time Quality is met.
- Implements and documents software research and development projects. Works under general direction.
- Develop Test Scenarios to verify and validate requirements.
- Develop Test Cases and Test Procedures for verifying complex avionics systems
- Develop Tests in Python as per high level and low level requirements, including unit tests
- Develop Software integration test Scripts to verify the correct implementation of Tier 4 requirements
- Establish traceability from Tier 3 requirements to test.
- Perform peer review on System and Software Requirements, and Test.
- Be a good teammate in the agile team. Candidate should possess excellent communications skills to participate in Requirement/Design/Code/Test reviews, have a thorough understanding of version control and software quality attributes, such as testability, portability and maintainability, and enjoy a dedicated and collaborative development approach.
- Identify, communicate and mitigate the Risk, issues and Opportunities on a timely manner.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Strong Avionics domain knowledge or preferred on modern Flight Systems.
- Experience in the verification of complex avionics or embedded systems.
- Excellent programming skills using C++ / Python.
- Experience in Software Build, integration and Debugging in Simulated and integration Environment.
- Systems Thinking – Ability to understand the big picture and the inter-relationships between components of systems and plans and anticipate future events.
- Analytical Skills – Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor or Master of Engineering degree and 5+ years of related work experience in Embedded Avionics System Software development, Validation/Verification, Functional Integration and certification.
- Strong knowledge on development/verification process using DO178C
- Experience using application Agile development processes and tools, build and configuration management tools and processes, test processes, automation strategy, functional requirements specification.
- Experience with Project/Build/configuration management tools (e.g. Atlassian Tool Suites) and processes.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 to 8 years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. (E.g. Master + 4 years’ related work experience)
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org