Business Analyst(Anti Fraud/AML Analytics)) Job in Axis Bank Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Website Axis Bank
Searching for a Job at Axis Bank in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
About the job
About Business Intelligence Unit:
The Business Intelligence Unit is a high profile team with a mandate to drive data based decisions within the bank. Reporting in to Head Banking Operations and Transformation, this department works with all businesses of the bank including retail, small business and corporate to drive analytics. In terms of functions, the department has teams focused on all aspects of analytics for the bank including risk analytics, financial crime analytics, business and marketing analytics, building predictive scores, data engineering and business reporting.
About the Role:
The Business Analyst is a part of the Analytics team primarily focusing on Banking products & services. The Analytics team is responsible for the end to end strategy, design/development and performance synthesis of all lending products for the bank
- Responsible for developing product strategy, conduct portfolio analysis
- Leverage analytics to drive insights to optimize Pricing / Channel mix for consumer portfolio
- Develop business insights by performing root cause analysis using Regression and Decision trees
- Perform Profitability (Valuation Models) analysis for all asset products
- Pro-actively work with Product/Risk/Marketing team to drive business strategies
Optimal qualification for success on the job is:
- Advanced degree (master’s or above) in a quantitative subject such as Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Economics or Finance
For successful execution of the job, the candidate should possess the following:
- Design and implementation of analytical strategies to drive profitability for the bank
- Regular synthesis, reporting, analysis and insight driven approach for the bank’s products
- Analytically driven sales and services using propensity based models and valuations
- Should have experience on SAS or R or Big data or Python.
- Strong data handling, interpretive and problem solving skills with the ability to process large volume of transaction level data and efficiently derive actionable results.
- Having a ‘results oriented’ attitude with ‘go get it done’ skill
- Good project management skills while working with both internal and external partners
- Should have a high degree of motivation with a continuous thirst for learning
#ComeAsYouAre “We are dil se open. Women, LGBTQIA+ and PwD candidates of all ages are encouraged to apply”
We at Axis – Business Intelligence Unit are hiring for a role in Anti-Fraud/AML Analytics domain. We monitor cards, UPI, CASA, Merchants, office accounts, staff activities for potential fraud/suspicious activity or irregularities leveraging descriptive and predictive analytics on Bigdata and Falcon/Jocata.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement effective fraud/ money laundering transaction detection and prevention strategies to mitigate fraud losses and/or reputational loss out of irregularities by account holders; while ensuring an appropriate balance between risk and customer experience.
- Proactively identify fraud detection & money laundering at the strategy and portfolio level and provide analytical/modelling solutions. Leverage customer data to build risk segmentation and mitigation strategies.
- Must have hands-on coding experience in SAS, SQL and/or Python.
- Analytical experience on any domain is a MUST.
- Candidate should have exposure to decision tree based rule/scenario based and/or machine learning based fraud detection and prevention.
- Must be comfortable with large scale data extraction & wrangling.
- Exposure to Bigdata tech stack is desirable.
- Must know how to tell a story on slides and to the stakeholders.
- Excellent quantitative and analytic skills and data driven mind-set to formulate sound analytical construct to test different hypothesis
- Should have good communication, presentation and inter-personal skills
Company: Axis Bank
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com