Website Ascent Finechem
This Job Listing is about Ascent Finechem in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
About the job
Ascent Finechem is a young, high-growth manufacturer of fine and specialty chemicals with a focus on Anisic Aldehyde and its derivatives. Since 2004, Ascent has grown into a leading supplier of key starting materials (KSMs), API intermediates, and other specialty chemicals to pharmaceutical manufacturing companies across the globe.
We’re looking for a Production Chemist to work at our manufacturing facility.
- Oversee all aspects of production to ensure that the desired product yield is achieved and desired quality and customer specifications are met.
- Ensure that products are manufactured with efficiency and quality, following the SOPs and protocols set in place.
- Plan production schedules and budgets for specific projects. This could include developing new procedures for existing products as well as new ones under development, as well as managing work shifts and allocations for relevant team members.
- Manage workers on the production line
- Record and report test results to Production Manager.
- Prepare and review Batch Manufacturing Records, ensuring immediate online filing once a batch is reviewed.
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise in the production process, and suggest improvements in SOPs as necessary.
- Maintain plant cleaning daily.
- Understand how equipment works to produce specific products, how workers should interact with the equipment, which safety precautions to take, and how to operate the machinery most efficiently and productively.
- Uphold maintenance procedures and controls for all machinery.
- Learn about the types of equipment that might be needed for new projects, always keeping track of costs.
- Train the team of production workers on safety and quality assurance protocols.
- Supervise staff to ensure they meet important production deadlines.
- Ensure that materials are labeled properly and used in right quantities.
- Investigate issues, analyze root causes and define resolutions.
Must Have Qualifications
- M.Sc. Organic Chemistry
- 5 years of relevant experience in the fine chemicals industry
- Understanding of operating chemical manufacturing equipment and safety precautions
Nice to Have
- 10 years of relevant experience
|| Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India