Software Development Engineer in Test Positions in Apple Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Searching for a Job at Apple in Hyderabad, Telangana, India
About the job
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
Imagine what you could do here.
At Apple, great ideas quickly have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish here.
Do you want to be part of a team that builds cutting edge software service, a team that is continually innovating and is proud of making a difference? If so, bring your passion and talent and come join us to be part of something big and amazing.
Apple’s Worldwide Retail & Online Stores (R&OS) team is looking for outstanding individuals with a strong commitment to work with similarly skilled engineers to deliver software quickly and efficiently, with increasing quality. To be successful, you must be a strong programmer, proficient at thoroughly testing applications and services, and helping improve team velocity through automation. We are looking for highly motivated individuals, who can continually research and apply the newest technologies to test engineering, independently tackle issues and influence the teams to adopt the best test practices. Deeply engage with the engineering teams through all phases of development.
5+ years of combined work experience in Software Development/Quality Engineering with Testing experience (White box + Black box, Automation Infrastructure development, functional, performance, stress testing).
Expertise in QE processes, tools, metrics and automation architecture.
Expertise in testing Web Services (Rest & SOAP), Databases, and Batch processes.
Hands on in automating functional, system and integration tests.
Expertise in tools like Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber-JVM, Appium, Postman, SOAPUI for API, Web, iOS and MacOS platforms.
Exposure to Performance testing strategies and tools.
Demonstrable experience working with Java, Python or other Object Oriented languages.
Solid understanding of software build tools and CI/CD integrations.
Proven track record to deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent context switching.
In this role, you will be involved in Quality Engineering for critical customer facing applications.
– Provide functional and integration quality-assurance testing for features at white-box and API using Cucumber-JVM, REST API, SOAPUI or any other API testing tools.
– Provide functional and integration quality-assurance testing for features at web, iOS and MacOS using tools like Selenium WebDriver, Appium, UI Automation or Robot framework etc.,
– Build Quality test plans and cases, automation suites and reduction of regression test cycle take Quality to next level by using ML and AI in automation.
– Work closely with multi-functional organisations, project teams and clients to develop test plans, execute test plans and cases, and deliver high quality products.
– Act as a strong advocate for quality in the software development process.
– Identify gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggest vital process improvements.
– Self-motivated, able to grasp issues quickly and make educated, critical judgment in the absence of complete requirements.
– Provide Project Managers with timely and accurate testing status and progress during all testing phases, including summarising Quality results at project conclusion.
– Able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment in Agile method.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field with a minimum of 5+ years hands-on programming experience.
Design robust test plans with a broad system understanding and in close collaboration with development and product management.
– Communicate status and quality metrics to all project status partners in a timely manner. Drive issue resolution.
– Refine and expand existing test automation infrastructure and strategies with a focus on configurability, scalability, low complexity and reuse.
– Define automation standard methodologies for team and mentor junior team members on automation techniques and technology. Perform peer code reviews.
– Champion the best software testing practices within the team and promote across the organisation, software development practices that improve software Quality.
– Be hands on. Participate in various testing activities, including manual testing, automating test cases and solving issues.
Role Number: 200297563
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org