Team Leader-Operations careers in American Express Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Website American Express
Searching for a Job at American Express in Gurgaon, Haryana, India
About the job
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of a team of representatives that handle any/all aspects of customer accounts, including solicitation, inquiries, and problem resolution. Cultivates and maintains on-going customer relationships. Develops and monitors the application of operating systems including policies and procedures, operating structure, and information flow. Ensures the volume of work produced meets product/service standards and exceeds quality standards. May develop business plan for team/group operations including budget development. Approves personnel activities concerning hiring, training/development, and evaluation of staff performance. May build industry relations communicating technologies and operational concerns through industry networking. Typically requires five to seven years of experience, including one to three years in management.
Incumbent may lead a team of 10-15 people. Responsible for reviewing jobs of team members where majority of tasks may be standard in detail to ensure accuracy, timeliness and meeting customer needs due to high business impact of an error. The Incumbent requires in-depth knowledge of reporting / GDS along with stake holder management skills
- Mid Back office position based out of Gurgaon, will require to work collaboratively with 22 TLS markets for air and non-air processes.
- Lead a team of 12 – 18 travel counselors
- Managing team scorecards
- Managing SLAs for all processes
- Ensuring compliance and control for mid back office
- Escalation management with partner and markets
- Handling high value transactions
- Leading audits for the process along with submission of audit reports and closure
- Controllership and finance POC
- Bank reconciliation and query POC
- Handling internal and external projects
- Presenting business updates to stakeholders
- Relationship lead for TLS finance back office at GSM
- Monitoring finance back office performance vs SLA, resolution of variances and governance rigor
- Graduate with 6 – 7 years of working experience, preferably in travel back office
- Flexible to work in shifts
- People leader experience
- Working knowledge of Sabre GDS
- Central command working knowledge preferred
- Accounting and finance procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good command on Microsoft excel
- Experience in handling audit queries
- Problem solving skills
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Company: American Express
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org